Monday, July 5, 2010

The Beginning







Life has been so busy over the past few years. Our family has grown (and grown) and we now have 5 beautiful children (and 1 precious angel, forever in our hearts). It has been a while since I have taken the time to sew a garment. I love sewing and being creative (well trying to be creative) and have really missed it. So now the challenge has been set. I am participating in a "sewing children's clothing swap" and have decided to sew; not 1, but 2 garments. I am very excited because it has given me the motivation that I have needed to get back into sewing. Life isn't any less busy but I have decided that somehow I am going to find the time.

As I haven't sewn for a few years (other than mending and a few alterations for my husband's work clothes) I have started to ease myself back into it by making a few simple garments for our youngest daughter. The first step was to dust off the machines and give them a good oil and clean up. (Yay! They still work.)
My first project: I have made a very simple pinnie(pictured above). The only embellishment being the braid at the bottom on the hemline. It is made from a very bright floral pinwhale cord.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on settingup your blog and getting back into sewing.
    I love Pinnies - they are so versatile, tights and a skivvy for winter - on their own for warmer weather.
    Enjoy the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back into sewing. You have an adorable little girl to sew for - such inspiration!! The pinnie looks great, I love how you have added the ric rac. Susan :)

    ReplyDelete