Here is my next garment. The vest is made from the same fabric as the pinafore...Truth is when I was cutting out the pinafore I accidentally cut out the back of this vest instead of the back of the pinafore. So I decided to make the vest as well instead of wasting fabric. It is something that I wouldn't usually make but the results aren't too bad. Can't wait to try it on our baby (or not so baby) girl. It is a nice, bright and very fun outfit! It will be worn with a light pink or white skivvy and I am thinking a little floral broach on the vest may finish it off.
Today I learned that I should iron-on the crystals before I sew on the beads. I melted one of the beads that I had stitched to the small flowers on the pants. Oooops!
Now thinking ahead to my next challenge...I am thinking spots.
I can't wait to start on my "swap" garments but still need to refine my sewing standards a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment