Saturday, June 25, 2011

Under the Sea 2




What is an Under-the-Sea theme without a fishing game? Our youngest 2 children already LOVE this game and I haven't quite finished it. I am yet to paint numbers onto the backs of each fish so that we can play a number recognition game. This game is easy to make. I followed this Felt Fishing Game tutorial. Originally I planned to make 2 games but have ended up putting it together as 1 game.
I didn't quite have the patience to turn the little fish in the right way so I stitched around the fish and then stuffed them. It doesn't look as "finished" as the gorgeous set that is made in the tutorial but it meets its purpose. I also changed the fishing rod a little. I made a soft rod by cutting out a "rod" shape and filling it very tightly. I used ribbon to hold the felt hook and attached velcro to the hook as per instructions in the tutorial. I also attached a button to the fishing rod to add a bit a detail. To make the water I traced our microwave glass plate (I didn't have a compass so had to find the biggest circle in the house). I sewed the 2 circles together, turned in the right way and then did a zigzag just inside the edge.




Let the fun begin!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment