I made my girls skirts to wear on Christmas day. Red and white for our youngest DD and blue and white for our oldest.

This skirt is made following the same structure that I use to make pettiskirts. It gives it so much fullness and "twirl". DD is going to love this!!!!!! She will be dancing all day tomorrow!

I made a flower using some of the left over fluff from the underskirt and added a diamonte to the centre and also added some fusible rhinestones to the shoulder of the top.

The set.

This skirt is made using a number of rectangles and trimmed with grosgrain ribbon. It has an underskirt with a tuille trim. I have purchased a white "peasant" top to go with it. It will make a very sweet outfit for our princess.
Is the printed fabric a cotton or a satin?
ReplyDeleteLove them both!
I used a poly/cotton for the top layer.
ReplyDelete