Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Opening Day - What I sewed!

I made this outfit for one of Penny's girls. I had a lot of fun creating this. I wanted to create an outfit that had a "scrapbook-y" bright and fun look so I used lots of appliques, decorative buttons and top-stitching. The vest was made using Burda 9538. The pinafore that I thought could be worn as either a pinafore with leggings or a longer top over the pants was made using Newlook 6016. I really like this pattern and plan to use it for a few of my daughter's sets this winter. I also made the long sleeve tee using this pattern. I am not happy with the look of the tee not because of the pattern but because I couldn't get ribbing to match the jersey. I used some of the jersey for the neckband and it hasn't held the shape very well. I am so sorry about that Penny:(. I used a gorgeous printed corduroy purchased from Catherine's Place and I bought extra so that I can make something out of it for my daughter too. I actually found the navy corduroy hard to sew. I think that the dark colour made it hard to see where the pockets sat and the pile of the cord made it really difficult to get the topstitching straight. (So again Penny I apologise.) The printed cord; however, was beautiful to sew. It is also a lovely soft corduroy so hopefully it will be beautiful to wear. Thank you for being a part of the swap, Penny. I enjoyed sewing for you and hope that your gorgeous little girl loves this outfit.









I made this outfit for Aimee's little boy and had so much fun making it. My sons wanted it of course so now I need to make it all again LOL! I used a Burda pattern (9671) for the pants. It did give me some grief along the way but they turned out ok. I did a little bit of distressing using sandpaper along the pockets and slightly down the front. The vest is made using Simplicity 2907 as a base and then I changed it by adding a zip (instead of buttons). The t-shirt is a basic t-shirt pattern that is made to have an over-sized look. I used a plane applique from Angel Lea Designs for the appliques on the t-shirt and enlarged it for the applique around the side of the vest. Thank you for being a part of the swap Aimee. Elijah is so cute. I enjoyed sewing for you and I hope that the outfit fits and lasts well.






Stay tuned for more pictures of the gorgeous outfits that we received!



2 comments:

  1. You truly don't need to worry AT ALL! Your sewing is fantastic and it was a huge treat opening your parcel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is such a beautiful set. Love the colours of the fabric too.

    Bluebird.

    ReplyDelete