Sunday, April 3, 2011

WINTER PJ's

My boys were keen for me to make them some pj's so using fabric from my stash I have made them a pair each. The pjs are made out of interlock and jersey. My son who is 6yrs old likes soft fabric for his pjs and hasn't really liked the flanelette pjs in previous years. I made his pjs using a vintage pattern that I have had in my cupboard for nearly 20yrs. The applique is from Free Appliques.



These pjs were made using Simplicity 2826. It is a fantastic pattern with some lovely variations for either boys or girls. It even has a robe pattern. This applique was made using a template purchased from AngelLeaDesigns. I then added some star motifs and embroidered "Dinosaur Dreams" onto cotton tape and sewed it onto the applique. Both of the boys are very happy with their dinosaur pjs.





4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the dinosaur appliqué. The colours are so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are so cute. Will have to have a go at making something like that for my ds.

    Bluebird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! They were a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete