Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Millie Molly Dolly Bag

I saw this gorgeous creation during the Flood Appeal Auctions and decided then and there that I must have one. The bidding went a fair bit higher than my bank balance (thank you to the wonderfully generous people who bidded...you are amazing!!!) so I decided to buy the pattern and have a go at making her myself.
The Millie Molly Dolly bag, inspired by paper dolls, is created by Tracey of Peppermint Patcher. Make sure you follow the link and have a look at her original and the lovely introduction that is on her blog (my attempt doesn't even come close).
I purchased the pattern through Etsy here. It is a PDF pattern that is very easy to follow.
I enjoy sewing but I think that this is definitely the most fun that I have ever had sewing. The designs are endless. I didn't use a specific colour theme (probably will next time). I used scraps of fabric that were left over from other sewing projects.

Here she is...my first attempt at the Millie Molly Dolly Bag. I know that there are a few things that I really need to work on e.g. face details :) but I think she is beautiful in her own way and I know that my daughter will love her "Girl" (that's what she calls all her dollies).




















Her little outfits are all stored inside the bag.



Thank you to Tracey for creating such a gorgeous "girl"!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I love it. Your Millie Molly is thoroughly gorgeous. Very clever hair and bright and sunshine-y outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous and has more outfits than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! I really need to get this pattern for Cheriese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and looks like lots of fuhn. Well done. To tell the truth I like yours better - especially the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable - maybe I should make these for my girls' birthday in March...
    Fantastic outfits Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea - and well done to get it put together so quickly. Must have been fun to pick scraps for the clothes!

    ReplyDelete