Friday, January 28, 2011

Some unfinished projects now finished






I juggle family, work and sewing by cutting out at night while all our cherubs are sleeping and then I sew little bits whenever I can. This means that I sometimes end up with a pile of unfinished garments (or a pile of cut out garments that haven't even been started). At the start of 2011 I told myself that I MUST finish everything that I had started before beginning something new...here are some of my completed (finally!!!) projects.

A pillow case top completed with grograin ribbon bows that tie at the top and coupled with little green bloomer pants...and yes there is a cat's tail in the right side of the picture. I lined the pillow case top and finished the lining with white lace that peeks out underneath the top layer.


A cute little top for day care (hoping the flowers will hide the paint spills). Looks lovely with purple or denim pants.

I love this elephant print and bought it originally to make boxer shorts for bed but then I found a little elephant motif and decided to add that to the shorts and make an elephant shirt to match. I was worried that it would look a little pj-ish so I added a contrast to the pocket and little splits up the side. I used a very basic shirt pattern and have decided that I never will again. Next time I will use a pattern with a yoke and a bit more shape and style. It makes a great day care shirt LOL! It is very hard to get a nice picture of Mr. 4.5...





3 comments:

  1. Good work! It's very satisfying to tie up loose ends (literally!) isn't it! I love the elephant fabric. For a kid's shirt, I think you really can't go past the Oliver + S sketchbook shirt, I love it. I've made it three times now and I think it will always be my "go to" pattern for a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nic. I think I do need to invest in the O&S pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd like a big floral top like that to hide some of my spills. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete